Most vehicle navigation systems provide turn-by-turn voice directions. These instructions usually include distance and direction.
- “turn left in 400 feet”
- “in 0.2 miles, take ramp right”
- “at the end of the road, turn left”
- “turn left, then take the second right”
- “turn right, then stay in the left lane”
More sophisticated systems also have the ability to include street names in their spoken directions. For example:
- “in 0.5 miles, turn right on Rock Creek Boulevard”
- “exit left to Highway 26 West”
Don’t expect pronunciations to always be correct, especially for complicated names.